CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool that removes unused and temporary files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space.
The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.
CCleaner cleans the following:
· Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
· Firefox: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
· Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
· Opera: Temporary files, history, cookies.
· Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
· Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
· Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
· Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
· 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
What's New in CCleaner 3.19.1721 :
· Added option to skip User Account Control (UAC) warning.
· Added support for Firefox 13.0 beta.
· Moved Thunderbird to be cleaned separately.
· Improved Aurora History cleaning.
· Improved Google Chrome Saved Passwords cleaning.
· Improved Scheduled Tasks detection.
· Improved Uninstaller Installation Date on XP.
· Added cleaning for BitDefender.
· Improved detection for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, VLC Media Player and Avast! Antivirus 6.
· Minor bug fixes